Seasoned Hard-Boiled Eggs
Upgrade your hard-boiled eggs using delicious spices and follow these step by step instructions to have perfectly hard-boiled eggs every single time.Jump to Recipe
If I can be honest, I never used to enjoy eating hard-boiled eggs. As nutritious as they are, eating them daily gets old—and fast. I preferred scrambled or fried eggs because they were quick and tasty. Then I realized I was using a lot of oil in every meal and my oil intake was a little too high. Even though olive oil is made of healthy fats, it should still be used in moderation.
I decided to give boiled eggs another try but wanted to switch things up. I used three of my all-time favourite spices to season my eggs: dried parsley, all-purpose seasoning, and smoked paprika. Now, my boiled eggs are anything but average. The seasonings are packed with an insanely delicious flavour.
Dried parsley: I prefer to use this seasoning as a garnish. When dried, the flavour of parsley is not as strong. If you want a more bold flavour to add to your eggs, you can use fresh parsley.
All-purpose seasoning: If you’ve never used all-purpose seasoning before, you’re going to love it! It is a cook’s secret weapon, especially when you’re short on time. This blend is a combination of salt, pepper, dried garlic, dried onion, dried herbs, and other savoury spices.
Smoked paprika: You can also use regular paprika in this dish. Both smoked and regular paprika is made from crushed and dried chilis, but smoked paprika uses chillies that are smoke-dried with natural woods and then crushed. If you love smoky flavours, you’ll want to use smoked paprika for this recipe.
Seasoned Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cover the eggs in a saucepan with hot water (this will allow the water to come to a boil faster)
- Add vinegar to the water to help prevent the eggs from cracking
- Add olive oil to the water. This will make the eggs easier to peel
- Over medium-high heat, covered, bring the water to a rolling boil
- Remove cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Set timer for 9 minutes
- Strain water from saucepan and run eggs under cold water
- Peel eggs under running cold water, slice in half and season with remaining ingredients
Did you make this recipe? If you enjoyed it, please leave a star rating and comment below. Share your photo on Instagram! Don’t forget to tag @myfeelgoodmeals and use the hashtag #myfeelgoodmeals