Spinach Pancakes (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than to start your morning off with these delicious, easy, Spinach Pancakes! They’re gluten-free, dairy-free and made with only a small handful of ingredients, and 100% kid-friendly. These pancakes have a vibrant green from the spinach and sweet from the banana! Name a better combo…so good. If you enjoyed my Pick-Me-Up Smoothie recipe, this is basically the same ingredients but in pancake form!
Here’s what you need:
- Oats: A super healthy addition to your pancakes! They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants.
- Spinach: Such a good way to get your greens in for breakfast! You won’t even taste the spinach. It’s a great source of fibre, magnesium, iron and vitamin A and C.
- Cinnamon: Not only does cinnamon add such a warm flavour to your pancakes, but it’s practically a superfood! You’ll just need a pinch or two of this spice to add to your pancake mix.
- Eggs: You can use egg whites as well. Eggs are the main protein ingredient, so you’ll be kept full and fueled up for the morning.
- Baking powder: Using this ingredient in your pancake blend is a quick way to let your pancakes come out nice and fluffy.
- Banana: Use fresh banana (not frozen) for this recipe. I used a fairly ripe banana as a natural sweetener. Bananas are rich in potassium which helps your body maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure.
- Blueberries: Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, blueberries are the superfood you need to add to your diet. You’ll need this for the homemade blueberry sauce!
- Sugar: You’ll need this as a sweetener for the blueberry sauce. You can also use maple syrup, honey, or any other natural sweetener if you prefer.
- Frying pan
- High-speed blender
- 1/4 cup oats
- handful of spinach
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
Homemade Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Coat frying pan with oil spray. Over medium-low heat, pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan. It should sizzle once it hits the pan
- Once bubbles start the form on the outside of the pancake, carefully flip it
- Reduce heat as required while cooking each pancake
Prepare Blueberry Sauce
- Over medium heat, add blueberries and sugar to the pan
- Continue to stir until blueberries start to soften and sugar is liquified
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until blueberries are softened
- Remove from heat once cooked
- Serve pancakes with real whipped cream and blueberry sauce
DID YOU TRY THIS Spinach Pancakes RECIPE?
Snap a photo of yours and tag @myfeelgoodmeals or use the hashtag #myfeelgoodmeals
I’m Alicia, owner of My Feel Good Meals. I’m so happy that you’re here! Explore recipes made with whole food ingredients that taste amazing and make you feel good! Click here to learn more about me…