Spinach Pancakes (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than to start your morning off with these delicious, easy, Spinach Pancakes! They’re gluten-free, dairy-free and made with only a small handful of ingredients, and 100% kid-friendly. These pancakes have a vibrant green from the spinach and sweet from the banana! Name a better combo…so good. If you enjoyed my Pick-Me-Up Smoothie recipe, this is basically the same ingredients but in pancake form!
Here’s what you need:
- Oats: A super healthy addition to your pancakes! They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants.
- Spinach: Such a good way to get your greens in for breakfast! You won’t even taste the spinach. It’s a great source of fibre, magnesium, iron and vitamin A and C.
- Cinnamon: Not only does cinnamon add such a warm flavour to your pancakes, but it’s practically a superfood! You’ll just need a pinch or two of this spice to add to your pancake mix.
- Eggs: You can use egg whites as well. Eggs are the main protein ingredient, so you’ll be kept full and fueled up for the morning.
- Baking powder: Using this ingredient in your pancake blend is a quick way to let your pancakes come out nice and fluffy.
- Banana: Use fresh banana (not frozen) for this recipe. I used a fairly ripe banana as a natural sweetener. Bananas are rich in potassium which helps your body maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure.
- Blueberries: Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, blueberries are the superfood you need to add to your diet. You’ll need this for the homemade blueberry sauce!
- Sugar: You’ll need this as a sweetener for the blueberry sauce. You can also use maple syrup, honey, or any other natural sweetener if you prefer.
- Frying pan
- High-speed blender
- 1/4 cup oats
- handful of spinach
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
Homemade Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Coat frying pan with oil spray. Over medium-low heat, pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan. It should sizzle once it hits the pan
- Once bubbles start the form on the outside of the pancake, carefully flip it
- Reduce heat as required while cooking each pancake
Prepare Blueberry Sauce
- Over medium heat, add blueberries and sugar to the pan
- Continue to stir until blueberries start to soften and sugar is liquified
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until blueberries are softened
- Remove from heat once cooked
- Serve pancakes with real whipped cream and blueberry sauce
DID YOU TRY THIS Spinach Pancakes RECIPE?
Snap a photo of yours and tag @myfeelgoodmeals or use the hashtag #myfeelgoodmeals