This almond milk is rich, creamy, slightly sweet and perfect in lattes, tea or coffee. All you need is a few ingredients and this delicious milk is ready in 5 minutes.
How does the flavour compare to store brands?
Homemade almond milk is typically more rich, creamy and nutty in flavour. The advantage of making your own almond milk at home is that you determine the ingredients without having to worry about any additives or preservatives.
How long does fresh almond milk last? About 4 days.
Should I use raw or roasted almonds?
It doesn’t make a huge difference. Roasted almonds taste different so you may notice a slight change in flavour. I personally prefer the taste of raw almonds, plus I’m reaping all the nutrients that come with it.
What do I do with the leftover almond pulp?
Don’t throw it away, that’s the good stuff! Almond pulp makes the best base for yummy treats. Try my Almond Pulp Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies.
- Nut Milk Bag
- 2 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight, peeled
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 pitted dates (optional)
- Add almonds, water, ACV and dates in a blender
- Blend for 60 seconds or until smooth
- Strain the milk through a nut milk bag and remove the pulp
- Add vanilla extract to milk and blend for another 10 seconds
- Store in an air-tight container
Mmm, mmm, mmm… soooo good!
Did you make this recipe? If you love this recipe as much as I do, leave a review below or share a photo on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag @myfeelgoodmeals and use the hashtag #myfeelgoodmeals