Spicy Ginger Veggie Stir Fry
Need a quick midweek meal to add to your dinner menu? This is it! There are so many variations to making stir fry, but I chose to make this recipe vegetarian-friendly. My family and I like to have a couple of veggie-based dinners every week. I feel lighter, more energized and fueled up. The tender-crisp vegetables retain more nutrients than if it was completely cooked through. Ginger has many anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Not only is it healthy, but it works perfectly in stir fry dishes. Since this stir fry is veggie-based, adding high protein nuts and beans is essential for feeling full, satisfied and nourished.
The ingredients are super easy to customize – just use any spices, veggies and cooking oil you have in your home and your dish will still taste delicious. There are a couple of key ingredients, though, that you’ll need to take your dish up a notch.
Spicy Ginger Veggie Stir Fry Ingredients:
- Sesame oil: You can use any type of oil you have on hand, but if you plan on going to the grocery store, I highly recommend purchasing the sesame oil. It will add a ton of flavour to your stir fry.
- Vegetables: Peppers, mushroom, snow peas, edamame beans, carrot, broccoli, onion, scallion, tomatoes or add any of your favourite vegetables.
- Nuts: Add crunchy textures to your stir fry by adding crushed roasted peanuts. Almonds and cashews work great as well.
- Sauce: Fresh ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh cilantro, sriracha sauce, red wine vinegar, and garlic. You can easily adjust any of the measurements in this recipe to make it more palatable for you. If you prefer less spice, simply reduce the about of sriracha sauce, or if you love heat you can double the amount given.
- Seasonings: Since the sauce brings out so much flavour, you don’t want to over-season your vegetables. Keep the seasonings simple by adding s+p, paprika, dried parsley and dried oregano.
- Garnish: Top your dish off with extra crushed peanuts, cilantro and sesame seeds.
Spicy Ginger Veggie Stir Fry
- Skillet or dutch pot
- High-powered Blender
- 1/2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sirracha sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
Spicy Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup sweet peppers sliced
- 4 oz mushroom sliced
- 200 g snow peas
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 carrot sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 large broccoli florets diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup scallion (green onion) diced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sesame seeds for garnish
- crushed roasted peanuts for garnish
- Blend sauce ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth. Set aside
- In a large dutch pot or skillet, sautee onion and ginger over medium-heat
- Add carrots, peppers, edamame, snow peas, then mushroom (in that order. Carrots take the longest to cook)
- Add seasonings and season to taste
- Pour in blended sauce
- Stir occasionally
- Cover to simmer and allow sauce to thicken
- Remove from heat. Service with rice or pasta
Did you make this Spicy Ginger Veggie Stir Fry recipe?
Snap a photo of yours and tag @myfeelgoodmeals or use the hashtag #myfeelgoodmeals