Fresh, homemade strawberry jam is always the way to go. You only need 3 ingredients to make this recipe: hulled strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. It’s that simple. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and as a jam, are commonly eaten over toast as a quick snack or in delicious desserts like puddings, pies, and ice cream.
Did You Know?
Strawberries are actually considered members of the rose family! They are members of the Rosaceae family, commonly known as the rose family. The strawberry is one of many types of fruit-bearing plants in the Rosaceae family that produce clusters of fruit from a single flower. Stop and smell the strawberries!
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 tbps lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Add strawberries to the saucepan over medium heat
- Add sugar and stir frequently until the sugar dissolves
- Once boiling, add lemon juice and zest
- Stir occasionally for 15 minutes or until strawberries look blended through
- Remove from heat, and allow the jam to cool to room temperature
- Pour into sterile jars and keep them in the fridge
Mmm, mmm, mmm… soooo good!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see your take on it! Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag @myfeelgoodmeals and use the hashtag #myfeelgoodmeals